The AIPP Inc. Board has considered the constantly changing state of COVID-19 in Australia.
Instances of the Coronavirus are presently low in South Australia. However, the situation is changing daily.
The Board is mindful of this situation and will make a final decision on whether to stage Round 2 of the UniSA Australian HPV Super Series at Loxton on Thursday, April 2. Teams will be informed of the decision on Friday, April 3, a month prior to the planned race.
We understand teams want clarity to help with their planning and believe it is prudent to monitor the situation before making decisions, while giving entrants reasonable notice.
Given the nature of our sport – multiple people using HPVs; large support teams, necessary provision and handling of food and drinks, and the overall congregation of people – we need to be cautious and prudent in our consideration.
The duration which the Government’s advised restrictions will be in place are unknown, but it could be for some time yet.
We will continue to closely monitor developments on a watch-and-act basis moving forward.
We thank all our teams and supporters for their understanding and wish everyone good health.